- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Lead Mechanical Engineer (Nuclear)
Responsible for the delivery of Mechanical Design packages, dependent on the size / complexity of the work scope.
- Interpretation of Design Input Requirements, in support of the Principal / Responsible Engineers into fit for purpose solutions.
- Contribution to Design Control Files
- Production and verification of fit for purpose calculations where required
- Delivery in accordance with allocated budgeted cost and timescales
- Day to day management of the Engineering design team (up to 5 personnel)
- Supervision, verification and production of design deliverables
- Design co-ordination with other engineering disciplines
- Implementation of UK H&S legislation and appropriate design standards
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures
- Incorporation of external specialist engineering design information
- Identification and inclusion of bought out plant and equipment
- Presentation and/or participation at HAZOP and Design Reviews
- Liaison with Manufacturing, Testing and Commissioning personnel to ensure design optimisation
- Incorporating the requirements of the Operating, Maintenance and Recovery features within the design.
Conscientious approach to Engineering Design, supported with relevant detailed design background
Meticulous attention to detail
Always strives to provide fit for purpose solutions
Able motivate and co-ordinate a delivery team of Design Engineers
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Mechanical Engineer
- 3 routes you can take into an HS2 engineering career
There’s more than one route you can take to embark on an HS2 career. Which one will you choose?
- Creating a career as a mechanical design engineer
Want to become a mechanical design engineer? Or progress your career within this field? Read our short article with advice f...