- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Flood Risk Engineer - Bristol
Our client is a Civil Engineering consultancy with a progressive outlook who have been trading for over 30 years. They are seeking to recruit a 'Drainage/Flood Risk Engineer' to work in either their Bristol or Swindon offices.
The successful applicant will be enthusiastic, self-motivated and will be degree qualified and have a keen interest in developing a career in the areas of Drainage Design and Flood Risk. Experience in the following key areas is desirable but not essential:
- Preparation of Reports for planning applications including Flood Risk Assessments and Drainage Strategy Reports
- Working knowledge of the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF), Sewers for Adoption and Building Regulations
- Experience in the design of adoptable and private drainage schemes using Microdrainage and AutoCad software
- Preparation of construction drawings and specifications
- A knowledge of river modelling and FEH software would be beneficial but not essential
Liaison with clients and occasional site visits will be necessary so it would be desirable to have a full UK driving licence.
You will be able to use Microsoft Word and have an understanding of Microsoft Excel.
The successful candidate will have good numeracy, oral communication, and written English skills. Relevant workplace experience is desirable.
In return, our client offer a friendly work environment combined with a comprehensive employee package, including competitive salary, training, personal pension scheme, private healthcare, and performance related bonuses.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.