- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Under the technical direction of the Network Management, Network Performance Delivery Traffic Modelling Specialist (TMS) / Corridor Managers the Transport modellers will support NM's permanent in-house traffic engineering and modelling resource.
- The Transport modeller will 'baseline' the existing network through the production of updated base corridor models, using Vissim. These models are end to end Vissim models of the MTS corridors, comprising of a large number of traffic signals.
- The modeller will be required to produce technical modelling report to accompany their modelling work.
- Site visits may be required to support the modelling work.
- Work will be co-ordinated through NM Network Performance Delivery Team.
- Where tasks are unclear or Transport modeller's experience / knowledge is lacking, the Transport modeller will seek advice and direction from the NM-Network Performance - Delivery Traffic Modelling Specialist.
- The Transport modeller will be required to agree milestones, submit weekly progress reports and provide updates on risks and issues relating to scope and time constraints as soon as possible to the NM - Network Performance Delivery Traffic Modelling Specialist
- The duration of the role is for 12 months with a possible extension of an additional 6 months. The standard working hours are eight hour days
- The modellers are required to deliver value for money and work to a high technical standard to ensure that the project is delivered on time and budget.
- The post holder must demonstrate commitment and enthusiasm to promote the principle of equality in employment and service delivery. The post holder must be familiar with and promote the Equality Employment Strategy and set the tone for behaviour between colleagues.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrate experience as lead modeller in at least two Vissim modelling projects.
- Substantial relevant practical experience or specialist training in traffic modelling, specifically microsimulation scheme design or traffic engineering.
- Experience in building Vissim models in accordance to TfL's modelling guidance, such as the Traffic Modelling Guidelines and MAP.
- Significant expertise in the practical application Vissim.
- Good working knowledge, experience and understanding of relevant modelling tools such as LINSG, TRANSYT, TranEd2, etc., and how they relate to microsimulation.
- Documented attendance at accredited traffic modelling training courses such as LINSIG, TRANSYT, TranEd2, Vissim etc.
- Awareness and understanding of Urban Traffic Control and local control techniques including SCOOT.
- Awareness of extracting information from tactical traffic models, such as TfL's Operational Network Evaluator (ONE) Model.
- Very good numeracy with an ability to analyse engineering data.
- Good keyboard skills and proficiency with MS Office Word and Excel.
- Good oral and written communication skills with the ability to impart knowledge to others
- Interviews are scheduled to take place week commencing 19 February
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.