- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Our client is a successful and growing business specializing in intelligent and innovative system. They are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join their growing business.
To successfully design, draw and document the mechanical engineering aspects of company products to industry standards. Additional work will include prototype manufacture and testing, and site installation work.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (May be required to perform additional duties):
- To capture Engineering sub-system requirements and identify suitable validation techniques
- Take ownership of the Mechanical Design Engineering project plans and updates which they are working on.
- Full technical responsibility for designs produced by self and supervised engineers.
- Assume the role of 'Project Lead' for specific projects, as requested.
- Assist in recruitment of staff when require
- Responsibility for Mechanical Engineering to fulfil customer or development requirements, through design, component specification, prototype, testing and full documentation stages.
- Provide technical assistance and advice to Management during bids and proposals
- Produce detailed estimates of design content of proposals and assist in the compiling of manufacturing cost estimates.
- To assess the validity of the various design and manufacturing proposals
- To prepare Systems and Engineering specifications to obtain quotations from sub-contractors and material suppliers.
- Assist with the preparation of presentations and proposals to customers.
- To be able to work independently if required, to progress designs and produce necessary mechanical and electrical cabling drawings.
KEY REQUIREMENTS (Skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience)
- Minimum HND/HNC in a relevant engineering field, or equivalent supported by relevant design experience.
- BEng / BSc / MEng in Mechanical Engineering or a relevant engineering field, with experience.
- PRINCE 2 Qualified
- Chartered Engineer, or working towards Chartered Status - CEng or equivalent
- Experience in a senior/supervisory role.
- 3D Solid modelling and drawing experience in ProEngineer Creo (2 or 3). Other CAD experience will be considered.
- Experience of designing castings, sheet metalwork, moldings, electronic harnesses and electro-mechanical module design.
- Experience of testing and evaluating prototypes.
- Technical writing experience, particularly with regard to test / product specifications.
- Project Experience
- Extensive experience of designing revenue collection equipment, vending machines or special purpose machinery would be highly desirable.
- Extensive experience in a Mechanical Design environment
- Membership of or working towards membership of an Engineering Professional body.
- Industrial design / rapid concept design experience.
- Previous experience of producing component, wiring and schematic diagram drawings.
- Be able to work well as part of a team of engineers of all experience levels, as well as work independently and with little supervision if required.
- Be a self-starter and with a drive to develop skills through prescribed training and on the job learning.
- Have a high attention to detail
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Design Engineer
- Creating a career as a mechanical design engineer
Want to become a mechanical design engineer? Or progress your career within this field? Read our short article with advice f...