- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Graduate Design Engineer
Iam looking for a Graduate Design Engineer to work within Design, Naval Architecture, Composites or engineering projects as required by the Head of Naval Architecture.
The Design Engineer will become the subject matter, commodity or object expert. Your role will be to develop any number of new model projects to an agreed schedule.
Responsibilities for the Design Engineer:
- Produce accurate model (3D), drawing (2D) or technical specificationsCreation of parts, objects or mechanisms
- Ensure that objects under the Design Engineer's responsibility are delivered through the NPI Process from Supply Chain to Production
- Create and manage Bills of Materials
- Ensure that sufficient and accurate manufacturing information is released to enable the object to be manufactured and installed in accordance with design intent
- Generate comprehensive Technical Specifications
- Release accurate information in accordance with Company procedures
- Accumulate knowledge on product commodities or materials
- Use of the Change Note system to effect change in the business and action change notes incoming into the department
The Design Engineer will be required to interact with all areas of the business and original equipment manufacturer. You will have regular contact with Regulatory Bodies, Surveyors and Client representatives so must have an ability to communicate well.
I am looking to hear from those due to graduate this year or with a year in industry from degrees such as: Design Engineering, Mechanical Design, Product Design, Mechanical Engineering, Composites Engineering or Naval Architecture degree. This is a varied role and would suit those interested in gaining experience in a variety of engineering design work.
- You will be required to have Strong communication skills and accuracy along with excellent organisational skills. You will be to be a good problem solver and the ability to work to challenging time scales.
- 3D CAD software experience modelling and surfacing. 2D CAD drawing creation would all be beneficial.
- Materials & fabrication knowledge
- Understanding of standard drawing communication tools, including weld symbols, dimensions and tolerances.
- Use of Microsoft Office suite software, including MS Project
Please call to discuss further 01489 898 156 Georgina.email@example.com
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Maritime
- Skilled trades in short supply in the maritime industry
The maritime industry is in desperate need for more skilled trades to help build cutting-edge warships, submarines and leisu...
- 6 qualities of a successful Production Supervisor
What does it take to become a successful Production Supervisor? Louise Lees, Maritime Recruitment Specialist, describes the...