- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Project Manager/Contracts Manager
My client is looking for a Project Manager/Contracts Manager with extensive experience of working on water projects to join them out in their Kentish Town office.
My client is looking for a Project Manager/Contracts Manager with extensive experience of working on water projects to join them out in their Kentish Town office. You will provide functional leadership for all construction phase activities within the Project Teams promoting Health, Safety, and Environmental and construction best practice as well as coordinating construction resources across the projects in close liaison with the Agents / Foreman.
- Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHQE department.
- Overall management of project teams during the construction and installation phase of the project.
- Co-ordination of constructability input during solutions identification and development phase.
- Co-ordination and allocation of construction staff to projects ensuring that appropriate construction and installation staff are appointed to individual projects: based on experience, skills and knowledge.
- Liaises with the Project Managers to ensure that the construction resource pool is an appropriate size, with an appropriate blend of skill-sets, for the projected workload.
- Overall management of construction resources including Labour, Plant and Materials.
- Overall performance management of subcontractors.
- Ensures that the construction and installation teams are accountable for their performance against agreed schedules and man-hour budgets.
- Ensures that all construction and installation activities are carried out in accordance with Health and Safety Legislation.
- Ensures that the duties of the Principal Contractor are discharged in accordance with the CDM Regulations.
- Ensures that all temporary and permanent construction and installation activities are carried out in accordance with agreed quality procedures.
- Interfaces with the all other functional leaders within the organisation to facilitate successful development of the project from solution stage constructability through construction, installation, commissioning and handover to the client.
- Ensure regular input from the Project Manager is gained on third party, environmental and public relations issues.
- Participate in, and positively promote, the Murphy Culture Development Culture (leading to Zero Harm).
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Successful experience as a Contract and / or Project Manager
- HND or Engineering Degree qualified
- Experience of working on projects in the water sector
- Proven ability to lead teams and coach on performance
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Civil Engineering
- HS2 plans to recruit more women and ethnic minority engineers
The Year of Engineering is the perfect time to create a more diverse workforce. Here’s how the government proposes to use HS...
- Video: Why HS2 will be career defining for engineers
In our short video, Matchtech’s HS2 expert, Graham Day, explains what the project is all about and the career opportunities...