- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Brisol or Rickmansworth
Senior QS to join a Tier 1 Contractor in their Piling and Foundation operating unit and to work as part of their Southern business project team
The main purpose of this role will be to provide commercial input at bid stage and quantity surveying duties on projects to enhance and protect the company's interest and deliver tender margin-plus with effective cash, cost and revenue management.
- Be focused on the delivery of projects within the South of England and Wales as necessary
- As part of the Project Delivery Team obtain a thorough understanding of the contractual and commercial aspects of each tender and project including conditions of contract, scope, pricing, programme, risks and opportunities
- Ensure good contract administration and change management
- Ensure accurate monthly valuations (including all variations & claims) and final account projections are submitted and followed up with Clients, to optimise revenue and cash-flow.
- Provide accurate and comprehensive monthly financial reporting and forecasting on projects in accordance with company procedures and timescales.
- Maintain excellent communication and contact with the teams across projects as well as in the Rickmansworth and Bristol offices.
We're looking for:
- Experience in civil engineering, piling and ground engineering
- A team player, with drive and ability to build and encourage the team to get the best out of others
- Good knowledge of UK construction & engineering contracts, including effective management of project change and dispute avoidance
- Appropriate formal qualifications/education & desire to develop personal skills & capabilities
- Fully familiar with the MSOffice suite, with excellent Excel skills
- Ideally the candidate will have experience of working as a subcontractor but this is not a prerequisite if other relevant experience is show
Our piling and foundations team provides internationally recognised geo-technical engineering solutions to the UK construction industry and beyond.
A career with us means you'll have the freedom to develop your skills and leave your mark on the communities in which we work. Our competitive benefits package will help to enhance your life outside work, too.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Quantity Surveyor
- How to get a job in quantity surveying & move up the career ladder
Looking for the next step in your career as a quantity surveyor? Stuart Minchin, Director of Buildings at Matchtech, shares...
- Why the UK needs more construction workers
The UK is set to fall short on its target of building 300,000 new homes. Find out what this means for construction workers i...