- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Our clients have an exciting opportunity for a Fabrication Engineer to join their growing team in Southampton.
- Ensure commercial supply capability for Vaping / Tobacco consumables and heating devices via external manufacturing and assembly partners
- Reviewing prototype designs for consumables & devices to ensure that the design and associated manufacturing processes met or exceed business expectations for safety cost of goods, commercial manufacturing and scalability without compromising the consumer offer.
- Providing input from a manufacturing perspective to Procurement in Supplier Selection - including identifying key technical requirements for external manufacturing / assembly partners.
- Ensure external manufacturing / assemble capability is in place, inclusive of all elements required to validate that the product / process is as per the supplied Specifications, Quality Control Plan and capacity required.
Skills & Experience required:
Engineering degree in Mechanical / Engineering Materials / Manufacturing
- Experience in fabrication / plastic moulding development engineering role
- Hands on experience in plastic component design and evaluation for small electronic consumer goods
- In depth knowledge of moulding and fabrication techniques that provide housing and functionality i.e. buttons, location mechanisms, insulation and cosmetic characteristics
- Strong analytical skills in design problem solving for both process and products
- Ability to articulate project plans, risk assessments and other control document for the work that they will be accountable for.
- Experienced in working with a range of suppliers across a broad range of technical processes that could include external mould suppliers, parts manufacture and mechanical function components suppliers, as well as management of other external contractors
- Ability to interface with other technical leads such as Research and Development, plastic moulding, software developers etc
- Experience in supplier validation systems and processes.
- Experience of regulatory compliance requirements for electronic consumer products
- Ability to manage relationships with internal customers/stakeholders (e.g. R&D, quality, NGP Operations).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.