- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Application Design Engineer
My client, a global specialist in energy management and automation are looking for an Application Design Engineer to join their team.
The role will be based at their Leeds site where the design and manufacture of Medium Voltage switchgear and transmission and distribution transformers takes place.
Your remit will be to take technical ownership of orders for Schneider Electric equipment to order, ensuring effective delivery of all technical aspects of the contract, within allocated timescales.
* Review tender documentation from a technical perspective and facilitate the production of the technical compliance documents against the relevant standards and specifications. Identify the interface requirements and confirm suitability and conformity to specification
Prepare complex electrical design schematic diagrams for medium voltage applications, including the selection of appropriate protection and control devices.
Calculation of the requirements for measuring devices (eg; Current and voltage transformers)
* Populate setting and protection configuration files for multifunctional protection and control devices (eg; Micom and Sepam ranges)
* To provide technical support to the project management team, the manufacturing division and the Customer.
* To assist with resolution of technical issues during the execution of commissioning activities on site.
Developing and maintaining key Customer relationships.
- Educated to degree or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic Engineering with proven experience within energy solutions.
- Extensive technical development experience and technical knowledge of switchgear and third party technical solutions is essential.
- A confident user of 3D CAD systems. You will be confident in your ability to learn new systems as the company are migrating to EPLAN imminently.
- Up to 40k, depending on experience
- Annual bonus, pension
- Life assurance
- 28 days' annual leave, plus Bank Holidays
- Progression opportunities
CAD, Switchgear, Design Background
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.