- Hiring hub
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
My client is the leading independent online supermarket based in Hampshire,leading the way in automated warehousing and using the cutting edge hardware & software, specialising within the FMCG industry.
I am looking for a Controls/PLC Engineer; you will be the front line support with any controls system related issues. Using your expert technical knowledge and people skills to coach the Engineering team and improve their diagnostic skills to identify controls issues.
What do we need?
- Good technical ability relating to automation hardware and software, * Sound analytical skills, good problem solver.
- Online code monitoring / modification / development with Siemens S7 300/400 PLCs
- A good understanding of PLC control system architecture and field control devices.
- Experience in Warehousing / distribution / logistics / airports / production lines.
- Working with tote and pallet conveyors.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written and good interpersonal skills
- Good organisational ability, able to prioritise.
- Self-motivated, consistent and able to work at pace.
- Computer literate in MS office package,
- Ability to use a computerised maintenance management system (CMMS).
- Physically able to carry out engineering activities within the Warehouse (CFC)
- English Language ability such that able to read and understand safety information, technical manuals and data, and communicate clearly with colleagues to enable a safe environment.
Qualification / Training
Excellent working knowledge of Control Systems HNC Engineering or equivalent Engineering Technician Apprenticeship Manufacturers PLC training and appropriate experience PLC and Controls & Electrical and/or mechanical skills preferably gained in an FMCG background to at least NVQ 3
Understanding of PLC control system architecture and field control devices.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.