- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Segment Technology Manager
An exciting position has arisen for a Segment Technology Manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the technical interface for the relevant segment of a new product throughout the product development life cycle.
They will evaluate and validate technical feasibility of new segment opportunities within consumer electronics and proactively anticipate and identify technology opportunities and barriers to adoption for the relevant segment.
There will also be a requirement to project manage the technology work-stream for the segment through the development life cycle to the point of handover to Manufacturing and to tight timescale and manage cost. Contact with customers, suppliers and peers globally.
- Evaluates and validates technical feasibility of new segment opportunities
- Proactively anticipates and identifies technology opportunities and barriers to adoption for relevant segment
- Defines the technology projects required for the segment to generate credible and compelling solutions and evidence to address opportunities and barriers and maximise segment adoption
- Project manages the technology work-stream for the segment through development life cycle through to handover to Manufacturing to timescale and cost
- Quantifies and generates credible data for the creation of segment value propositions
- Identifies need for compliance against technology, regulatory and quality standards throughout the segment development lifecycle, identifying and mitigating risks and harnessing opportunities and channels to influence at an external strategic level
- Provides technical advice and expertise to commercial and customers during the adoption phase
- Liaises with relevant stakeholders to minimise time to market
- Proactively identifies and harnesses opportunities to establish and strengthen intellectual property for relevant segment
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Needed to Fulfil the Role:
- Significant experience of successfully project managing technology projects from inception to completion including multiple projects simultaneously
- Working understanding of relevant regulatory compliance requirements
- Working understanding of liaising and alliances with academia and other research bodies
- Excellent communication skills - ability to speak both technical and commercial language and translate between
- Technical knowledge of polymers and compounds and their manufacture
- Demonstrable project management experience in research environment/project management qualification highly desirable
Internal and External Relationships:
- Internally - Marketing, Commercial, Operations, Technology teams at all levels
- Project manages multi-disciplinary teams from across business without direct line management responsibility to deliver project plan
- Externally: Technical partners, industry specific experts, academia, research alliances and customers at various levels without formal authority
- Involved on an occasional basis in the relevant Global Industry Team
- May be a global role depending on market/segment
- Higher degree in science/engineering
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.