- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Supplier Development Engineer
Matchtech's client, a leading mechanical engineering manufacturer, has an exiciting opportunity for a Supplier Development Engineer based at their site in Poole.
The Supplier Development Engineer will be responsible for supporting supplier selection and qualification, maintenance and development. Instrumental in formulating a partnership with suppliers, the Supplier Development Engineer will provide training and support in order to reduce the risks associated with non-conforming supplies.
Supplier Development Engineer / Supplier Quality Engineer / CI Engineer / Manufacturing / Production / Engineering / Internal & External Audits / Procurement, Quality & Production / Supplier / Continuous Improvement / Lean Manufacturing
- The Supplier Development Engineer will progress the supply base, driving improvements in supplier quality, delivery, cost and systems.
- Tasked with managing supplier corrective action management and driving suppliers to mitigate quality issues
- As Supplier Development Engineer you will provide audit support both internally & externally
- Drive supplier improvements utilising Lean methodologies, whilst driving systematic problem solving and process improvement plans
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Quality and/or Supply Chain management qualification
- Degree in a relevant Engineering discipline would be desirable
- Exposure of working within a Manufacturing/Engineering environment essential
- Proven experience of driving Continuous Improvement/Lean manufacturing
- Strong knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Failure Mode and Effect Analysis.
- UK driving licence
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Lack of diversity fuelling skills gap in engineering workforce
With 85% of businesses making new hires and/or up-skilling existing staff to take advantage of digital technologies and auto...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?