- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
CNC Machine Tool Programming Engineer
We are currently recruiting for a CNC Programming Engineer to work for our client a aerospace client based in Southend.
The creation and modification of CNC programmes, developed around optimized manufacturing processes that in turn maximizes production efficiencies on the applicable machine tools.
* The creation and modification of CNC programmes that are to be developed in order to ensure that the required engineering and quality requirements are achieved and that the program parameters are sufficiently robust enough in order to cope with varying manufacturing batch sizes.
* The creation and modification of CNC programmes that are developed around the most appropriate cutting tool technology.
* The creation and modification of CNC programmes that are appropriately structured in order to achieve the applicable product cost targets.
* The creation and modification of CNC programmes that take into account the safe working practices for the applicable machine tools.
* The creation and modification of CNC programmes around agreed departmental schedules.
* The design of machine tool fixtures that allow for the applicable CNC programmes to be operated on the designated machine tools.
* The design of machine tool fixtures that are developed around engineering best practices, which in turn facilitate operator mistake proofing wherever practical, and allow for ease of billet/component loading and post machining component removal.
* The modification of fixture designs in line with any program or process amendments.
* The development and maintenance of a detailed set of process instructions that define all of the required setting parameters aligned to specific CNC programmes and associated machine tool fixtures.
* The appropriate level of revision control for CNC programs and machine tool fixtures in order to ensure that the required levels of configuration management are maintained.
* Co-ordination of activities aligned to the validation of new and modified programs and fixtures, which involves working in alignment with Production Management and Production Control functions so as to ensure that the applicable validation activities are appropriately scheduled and completed.
* The delivery of the appropriate level of training and instruction on the specifics of individual programs and fixture solutions given to the applicable members of the production staff.
* Liaison with the Process Planning function in order to ensure that all relevant information related to CNC programs and machine tool fixtures are contained within the applicable process plans.
* Liaison with the Manufacturing Engineering function in order to ensure that any processing constraints and processing innovations are considered during new product development projects.
When required, participation in planned activities aligned to delivering improvements related to either product cost, quality or delivery.
* Responsible for ensuring that the working environment is safe for the activities to be carried out in that area and that all Company Health and Safety policies are being correctly observed.
* To ensure all Company rules and regulations are met.
* To carry out any other task where reasonable and relevant when required.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Aerospace
- 4 engineering feats that changed America forever
Engineering has had a lasting and continuous impact on American civilisation. We look at 4 examples of amazing engineering w...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?