- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Product Development Engineer
Production Development engineer - Glascoed - 12 month contracts - 13 positions - rate to be confirmed.
Would you like to join a multi-disciplined engineering development team involved in the
As a Product Development Engineer, you will be involved in all levels of the product lifecycle; concepts, development, testing, qualification, production and in service support. This position will be primarily based in Glascoed, Monmouthshire, however, occasional travel to other manufacturing and test and evaluation sites will be necessary.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Assisting product design and system engineering activities for new and legacy products.
- Configuration and maintenance of Engineering bills of materials for products
- Process design, definition and critical evaluation e.g. Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA), Process Control Plans (PCP).
- Coordination of theoretical simulations e.g. (thermal, structural, fluids and aerodynamics).
- Coordination of product and process empirical testing and evaluation.
- Contribution to the Risk Management process
- Life Cycle Management (contributing towards design reviews) from concept to disposal
- Working as part of an integrated project team, including regular engagement with project management, procurement (supply chain) and operations.
Competencies/Skills and Expertise
Competencies/Skills and Expertise include the following:
- Apprenticeship with HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Capable of producing high quality technical reports.
- Understanding of statistical analysis.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and models
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to communicate effectively with all areas of the organisation, e.g. those from a technical / non-technical and those from an assurance / delivery background.
- Knowledge of munitions design and manufacture
- Familiarity with the Life Cycle Management (LCM) process
- A working knowledge of Systems Engineering and Engineering design
- Understanding of project management and the ability to use associated tools and techniques
- Working knowledge of Risk Management
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.