- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Health and Safety Advisor
Our Manufacturing client is looking for a Health and Safety Advisor to join their successful company.
We currently have a requirement for an experienced Health and Safety Specialist, to support the Aberdare Site with all Health and Safety matters necessary for legislative compliance, safe methods of working, statutory requirements, the Company's Health & Safety Policy and the protection of employees, plant and property.
Specific duties will be as follows:
- Support the investigation of accidents and dangerous occurrences ensuring that resultant reports recommend preventative measures, assist in reducing insurance claims and comply with statutory requirements.
- Carry out an active role in assessing risks and advising on appropriate control measures.
- Lead the role out of the Aberdare Behavioural Safety program
- Regularly inspect and audit the Aberdare site, plant equipment and systems to ensure compliance with statutory requirements and Company Health and Safety policy.
- Advise on the safety requirements of proposed new plant, equipment and buildings to ensure compliance with statutory requirements, Company H&S Policy and Planning requirements.
- Advise on personal protective equipment to ensure the well-being of employees and compliance with statutory requirements.
- Chair the Health & Safety Committee meetings for the Aberdare site.
- Represent the Aberdare site in meetings with external Inspectorates, including the Health & Safety Executive, and Fire Authority as well as appropriate Insurance bodies.
- Administer and develop the Aberdare Site employee training record systems. Candidates should be educated to HNC / Degree level in a technical subject with proven experience of working in a Health & Safety role ideally within a manufacturing environment. In addition, knowledge of HSE legislation and good practice will be essential with a formal Health and Safety qualification such as the NEBOSH Diploma.
- The successful candidate will also have excellent communication and inter-personal skills together with strong organisational ability. Tenacity and the drive to succeed are additional qualities required in this role.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.