- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Senior Product Development Engineer
Our clients have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Product Development Engineer to join their growing team in Southampton.
To lead the electro-mechanical definition, development, and delivery of system level solutions, consisting of multiple interconnected components, from different engineering disciplines, into tobacco products for the Development team, towards the development and delivery of high potential inhalable non-combustible tobacco products. This is done through translation of the commercial needs for the product into an effective technological brief that is then delivered with the support of internal and external resources.
The role is responsible for the delivery of an assigned portfolio of work streams and activities within the product development plan which requires the coordination of internal and external stakeholders in alignment with the Product Development Managers and Quality and Manufacturing Manager to support delivery of the commercial vision for the products.
- Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and software design methods
- Working knowledge of mass produced product development and debug tools
- Knowledge and understanding of product development processes
- Working knowledge of international safety standards for consumer electronics products
- MS Project, Visio, PowerPoint, excel, and word
- Fluent in CAD software packages
- Planning and implementation skills.
- Ability to manage a portfolio of projects.
- Knowledge in consumer-product insights and product research.
▪ BSc/BEng (ideally Masters) in Electro-Mechanical, Mechanical or Electrical engineering field, or equivalent experience
▪ Experience in consumer product development
▪ Previous product development experience
▪ Previous experience in Requirements creation and / or product verification testing
▪ Previous experience working as a member of a development team
▪ Previous experience launching an electronic product into mass produced manufacturing
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.