- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Project Controls Lead
Responsible for managing the control framework through which Land and Property carries out its business; providing leadership over planning, cost management, financial and performance reporting, governance, assurance, risk and issue management.
The Land and Property Team are responsible for:
- Acquisition of c£6 billion of land and property over the Phases of delivery
- Assessment of thousands of applications for acquisition under statutory blight and discretionary schemes
- Access to land for surveys and ground investigations
- Negotiation with hundreds of petitioners in the Hybrid Bill process
- Acquisition of Land required for the construction of the railway
- Management of property acquired ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Responsible for the processes and controls within which the Property Cost Estimate (c£6bn) is managed; ensuring the integrity of forecasts and accuracy of actual cost data.
- Lead the framework within which risks and issues are captured, reported and managed.
- Oversee Quantitative Cost and Schedule Risk Analysis (QCRA/QSRA), and act as the interface with other Project Controls teams across the Phases for programme level QCRA/QSRA exercises.
- Manage the way in which Land and Property develop programme plans, monitor progress and identify dependencies; working with the Programme Management functions to ensure Land and Property plans interface with those from other areas of the business.
- Lead reporting for the Land and Property Directorate, serving both internal and external stakeholders, ensuring the team deliver accurate Management Information and analysis.
- Manage inputs to internal and external reviews, baselining exercises and audits; ensure plans are put in place to deliver on subsequent recommendations and outcomes.
- Oversee how lessons learned are captured, disseminated and implemented in order to drive continuous improvements across Land and Property.
- Ensure that processes, guidance and assurance activities are in place so that Land and Property have confidence it is operating within the limits of corporate governance.
- Oversee the co-ordination and management of formal decision-making bodies to secure the necessary direction to deliver programme objectives.
- Manage and lead team members, developing, motivating and inspiring high performing Project Controls professionals and ensuring each has well-defined personal and developmental objectives that feed into regular performance discussions.
- REQUIRED CRITERIA
- Ability to assess financial risks, budgets and forecasts and set the direction for how to manage change and reporting
- Ability to identify programme level delivery risks and work with groups of stakeholders to test the relationships between cost and programme
- Ability to design, implement and operate control frameworks and processes
- Ability to communicate effectively and manage strategic stakeholder relationships
- Able to present strategies and solutions through papers, reports and presentations
- Able to determine how IT solutions should be used to analyse and present programme, cost and risk information
- Ability to lead teams of people, both as line manager and through matrixed relationships
- Innovative and critical thinking skills with relation to cost, programme, risk and governance
- Knowledge of best practice project and programme management techniques
- Knowledge of IT solutions used to analyse cost, risk and programme
- Knowledge of costing models and forecasting techniques
TYPE OF EXPERIENCE
- Project controls experience within a complex project / programme environment
- Experience of managing complex cost estimates
- Experience of implementing and operating governance regimes, processes and assurance activities
- Experience of delivering accurate and relevant reporting
- Experienced in risk management and analytical techniques associated with risk management
- Experience of implementing analytical techniques to understand business data
- Experience of managing a team
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Infrastructure
- Video: engineering jobs on HS2
In this video, Graham Day shares what HS2 can do for your career and why you should want to work on the project.
- UK government commits to £22 million Construction Skills Fund
To meet the growing demand for construction professionals, the UK government has invested £22 million in a Construction Skil...