- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
EW Systems Design Engineer
A leading defence client based in the North West are looking for a Systems Design Engineer to join on a contract basis.
A new vacancy has arisen for a Systems Design Engineer within the Air Support Service, to support the development and delivery of Typhoon EW Operational Support capabilities for the Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF).
The Systems Design Engineer will be based in Warton, reporting to the LTEWP Delivery Integration Lead within the EW Support Solutions team, and will be responsible for Localising Typhoon EW Programming (LTEWP) Systems Design Engineering activities during delivery of EW Operational Support for the LTEWP project.
This project will see the delivery of an EW Operational Support capability to the Royal Saudi Air Force, allowing in-country production of EW mission data for the RSAF Typhoon fleet.
The role will involve:
* Development of requirements management plans;
* Management of requirements within a DOORS database;
* Reporting and validation of requirements by utilising the DXL scripting language;
* Planning and conduct of requirements reviews;
* Production and maintenance of a Verification Cross Reference Matrix;
* Support to supplier and customer design reviews.
* Review and agreement of Supplier Product Specifications
* Production and Maintenance of LTEWP Project Engineering documentation (Engineering Management Plan)
* Review and agreement of Supplier Qualification and Acceptance evidence
* Engineering support to project ELCM reviews
As the LTEWP Systems Design Engineer your skills and qualifications will include:
* Experience in systems engineering and integration.
* Experience with requirements based management in DOORS and DXL.
* Delivery focussed.
* Good standard of written communication.
* Familiarity or experience with EW Operational Support methods would be an advantage.
* Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organisation and with the Customer.
* Understanding of Typhoon support programmes is preferable.
* Experience in Saudi projects is preferable.
* An ability to coach and mentor other engineers would be beneficial.
Rates are available in limited/umbrella/PAYE
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.