- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Engineer / Senior Engineer - Flood Modelling
Our client is seeking a Flood Risk Engineer to join their team in their offices near Hemel Hempstead. My client are happy to consider candidates from 18 months professional experience to Principal level.
The successful candidate will be tasked in managing and understating the flood risk and hydraulic flood modelling aspects of master planning significant projects for housing, commercial and industrial developments.
Optionally, there will be an ability to undertake pre-planning civil engineering in drainage and site feasibility strategies.
This is a key position at our client, giving the right candidate a significant role in the formulating and shaping of major new developments. Career progression, within this progressive consultancy, is assured for the right candidate.
- Form part of the pre-planning consultant team on large, challenging projects; influencing the master planning process to incorporate flood risk management and sustainable drainage.
- Undertake hydrological studies using FEH methods and software (principally WINFAP4 and ReFH2).
- Undertake and supervise the production of Flood Risk Assessments, mitigation design and hydraulic modelling (using Flood Modeller Pro, TUFLOW and HEC-RAS).
- Liaise, negotiate and communicate with clients and external agencies i.e. Local lead Flood Authorities, Environment Agency, Regional Highway and Sewerage authorities, etc.
- Optionally, undertake pre-purchase feasibility studies and resolution of planning conditions including drainage feasibility and / or flooding considerations. Knowledge of design and implication of flood risk assessments and SUD`s techniques essential.
- Control the programmed performance of projects.
- Represent our client at meetings, public exhibitions, planning committees and public inquiries when required, and undertake site inspections.
- Supervise junior staff in design and reporting.
- Working experience of MicroDrainage, Flood Modeller Pro, TUFLOW or similar 1D-2D hydraulic modelling software.
- Working experience of hydrological software (primarily WINFAP4, and ReFH2).
- Use of AutoCAD/Autodesk Civil 3D preferred but not essential.
- Use of GIS software (QGIS) preferred but not essential.
- Working experience of FRAs, SuDS and Pre-Planning civils.
- Optional, working experience of drainage design, and S104 agreements.
- Use of Microsoft Office software packages i.e. Excel, Word, etc.Competencies:
- An awareness of commercial frameworks and ability to contribute to fee proposals.
- Ability to manage own projects and teams within agreed time scales.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and management skills.
- Play a key part in a multi-disciplinary pre-planning consultant team
Training & Development:
- You will be at or nearing chartership with a relevant body commensurate with your academic qualifications (i.e. CIWEM or ICE).
- You will be expected to attend in-house and external training courses, seminars, institution events, and generally comply with 'Continuing Professional Development'
- The training requirements of the professional body to which you are (or become) affiliated.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Flood Risk
- Top jobs for civil engineering graduates
If you've just finished your engineering degree and are looking for that first step into the industry, read our article whic...
- Madeleine Jones of Sellafield Ltd wins WES’s Karen Burt Award for best new female Chartered Engineer
This prestigious annual award for a newly chartered woman engineer, now in its 19th year, recognises the candidate's excelle...