- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Concept Design Engineer - Automotive Interiors
Our client, at the forefront of the electric vehicle revolution has a number of exciting opportunities to join the advanced Concept Engineering Team. Please get in touch if you have automotive concept experience interior concept engineering
Our client, the next generation car company, is seeking talented engineers to support with the design and development of its brand new range of electric vehicles from concept through to production.
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in the development of brand new vehicle platforms and to contribute to some of the most ambitious vehicle concepts currently taking place globally.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Interior Concept Development
- According to product strategy and design intent, investigate and create Interior concept regarding IP & Console, Seats and trims (one or more of above area), using engineering knowledge and explore world leading technologies to deliver creative/competitive solution in future years, provide expert direction to advanced development team
- Work with cross function team (vehicle concept, Design, CAE, attributes, safety and homologation, etc.), be responsible for the Interior development from concept phase through application phase
- Perform cost analysis, lightweight study as well as failure mode analysis on the concept solution to achieve optimized design, work with advanced phase supplier on opportunity to achieve optimized result
- Create and maintain product and process advanced development plan, create basic part and subsystem technical specification
- Participate in vehicle concept review meeting and advanced DTC meeting, take lead in responsible parts engineering/design issue resolution.
- Use Catia V5/V6 and other virtual analysis/development tools to generate 3D/2D concept data and criteria data to support vehicle level concept development, work with advanced supplier to deliver CAE mesh models to support advanced phase virtual analysis, Responsible for parts/system 3D/2D data maintain and release in advanced phase, responsible for system development documentation.
Advanced technology investigation
- Follow up Interior technology evolve trend, identify innovative technologies that possible for company products
- Generate bi-weekly/monthly internal intelligence sharing document
- Work with advanced phase supplier on high potential new technology development, be the program lead and responsible for the development from concept phase through application phase
- For responsible area, coordinate and frame out key technology road map for company products
- Assess technology/concept readiness and provide technical solution proposal for company platform and derived programs
- Engineering college or above
Knowledge & skills
- Automotive engineering expertise in Interior Engineering
- >10 years working experience is preferred
- Affluent user of Catia V5/V6, Office
- Familiar with CAE tools such as NASTRAN, ABAQUS, LS-DYNA3D, Hyperworks, etc.
- Fluent English is a must
- Have enthusiastic in exploring new technology while build solid work plan to realize it
- Good sense of team work
- Honest, reliable, self-motivated personality, capable and willing to work under high timing pressure
- Willing to travel
This isn't just another job. It's an opportunity to join a movement to change the mobility experience for everyone. If you find that as exciting as we do, please contact Daniel.Tchupan@Matchtech.com for a full job description and a confidential discussion regarding these opportunities.
The benefits package includes but is not limited to:
- Flexible working
- Mobility allowance
- Life assurance
- Annual bonus
- Equity scheme
OUR CLIENT IS ONLY ABLE TO CONSIDER APPLICANTS FROM CANDIDATES WHO HOLD THE RIGHT TO LIVE AND WORK WITHIN THE EU
All salaries are dependant on relevant skills and experience
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Automotive
- 4 engineering feats that changed America forever
Engineering has had a lasting and continuous impact on American civilisation. We look at 4 examples of amazing engineering w...
- The new skills automotive companies are seeking from engineers
A revolution is taking place in the automotive industry and as a result, the skills employers are looking for in engineers a...