- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Our key client that specialises in first class, business class and premium economy interiors for commercial aircraft currently have a Quality Engineer requirement at their facility in Cwmbran, South Wales.
To drive and accelerate the Company's quality improvement programme to improve both internal and external quality.
- Product Introduction:
- Plan and facilitate internal First Article Inspection (FAI), and drive the closure of all quality issues
- Coordinate and facilitate customer First Article Inspection activities
- Prepare customer documentation as required to verify product quality
- Identify and agree all relevant product quality standards ensuring requirements have been aligned with requirements contained in the contract.
- Process Control & Capability:
- Perform root cause analysis and obtain Corrective Action Request closure on internal and customer quality concerns; reviewing trends, implementing improvement plans and identification of risks.
- Monitor, control and provide release authority for non-conforming product and related deviations (i.e. NCR, Scrap, Concessions, Permits) - undertaking appropriate prioritized reduction activities
- Process Improvement:
- Establish customer agreed product quality standards and communicate to appropriate functions
- Generate and implement Programme Quality Control Plans
- Reporting and Co-ordination:
- Identify and manage key quality activities within the project timeline: including design and manufacturing reviews (PDR - CDR)
- Support the review and release of Airworthiness Release documentation and act as the CAA Approved Signatory for EASA Form 1.
- Undertake other reasonable duties, in line with business needs and objectives, which are consistent and commensurate with the overall purpose of the position.
- Knowledge & Qualifications:
- HNC/HND level or equivalent in an Engineering discipline.
- Knowledge or experience of QA tools such as APQP, PPAP, MSA, SPC, Control Plans, FMEA, Poke Yoke and RCCA.
- Internal Auditor AS9100 Rev C trained (desirable)
- Sound engineering / quality background, with experience of Quality Engineering within the aerospace industry.
- Experienced Quality Engineer working with Internal Design Teams
- Knowledge of Regulatory, International and Aerospace Quality Management standards.
- Skills & Competencies:
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to initiate and maintain relationships with challenging international suppliers and manage frequent interactions with senior management and other internal customers.
- Ability to challenge individuals at all levels to ensure compliance to business processes and standards
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Competent / Confident communicator with an ability to establish good working relationships across all departments and with Customer and Regulatory Authority at all levels.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.