- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our key client that specialises in first class, business class and premium economy interiors for commercial aircraft currently have an opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer at their facility in Cwmbran, South Wales.
To develop Processes utilizing analytical tools & techniques to enable products to be assembled in-line with production methods and Safety, Quality, Cost and Devlivery targets. The role also includes working with the NPI team in order to implement new products into production.
Main tasks of the job / key result areas:
- Responsible for the Day to Day Engineering Support to the Assembly Lines - to include prompt problem solving solutions with a view to eliminating downtime and other Non-Value added activities
- In conjunction with above, negotiating and raising interdepartmental Change requests (Minor rework, Concession, Permit, ADCN and ECR)
- Responsible for ongoing maintenance and validation of Production Bills of Material on the companies Baan system
- Process - Maintaining Standard Operating Procedures and driving manufacture and process improvements
- Responsible for Line Layout design that will provide Efficient, Safe and Ergonomically correct working practices
- Tooling - Specifying the design for Jigs, Fixture and tooling and implementing for production
- Leading Continuous Improvement/Problem Solving workshops - Working knowledge of A3, 8D problem solving techniques, leading to process improvement plans supported by Cost/Benefit justification of improvement benefits.
- Reporting - Regular and timely reporting of project progress to the department and project teams in line with current KPI's.
- Regulatory - All Internal and external statutory and regulatory conditions are being met
- Lean - Demonstrated experience ideally trained to Green belt or above
- SHE - The required Safety, Health, Environmental & Ergonomic standards are being achieved
- Undertake other reasonable duties, in line with business needs and objectives.
The successful candidate will have strong Manufacturing Engineering background with experience working with project management ideals. The candidate will have an Engineering Degree or an indentured apprenticeship and HNC in an Engineering discipline. The role requires someone with experience of working with analytical design tools and techniques, ideally, though not essentially Catia V5 and Smarteam, Lean Manufacturing and the application of continuous improvement techniques. Knowledge of Bill of Material systems essential to the role.
Ability to communicate within all levels of the Organizational structure, with the confidence to work effectively in a challenging environment.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.