- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Human Factors Engineer
Our leading defence client based in the North West is looking for a Human Factors Engineer to join on an initial 12 month contract.
The Human Factors Shared Service operates as an internal source of Human Factors specialisms for Military Aircraft's products and services and we have an opportunity to add to our team. If you know why people do what they do, how people make decisions, how they perceive their environment and react to the events around them then you may be the person we need.
We need someone to apply Human Factors knowledge to the usability of complex systems. You will ensure the work we produce is effective and intelligent while working with a team of other product designers & developers and system architects. You will be responsible for creating better, more forward-thinking work. We need someone ready to lead research and strategy, information architecture and interaction design to create leading edge graphical user interfaces on multiple platforms.
You'll collaborate closely with clients throughout the entire lifecycle of the project. To succeed, you'll need to have an eye for details and keep an eye on the big picture. You can be excited to work as part of a team or tackling challenges on your own in creating new interfaces.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Following user centred design methods, industry best practices and trends, as well as BAE Systems component and pattern libraries in creating accessible user journeys and products for our customers.
* Delivering mainly of (but not limited to) research, customer experience maps, personas, flow charts, sitemaps, sketches, wireframes, interactive prototypes, user testing materials & analysis.
* Articulating ideas and presenting on regular basis to provide an expert opinion and solve design problems
* Communicating design tasks and plans clearly and regularly with the product managers and other team members, and planning own work in an organised manner.
You will need to be a flexible team player well versed in human factors & UX techniques with the ability to work successfully within multi-discipline engineering teams. You will also have excellent communication, resilience, tenacity and performance skills and have an ability to work accurately to deadlines.
- Please note rates are available in limited, umbrella and PAYE -
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Lack of diversity fuelling skills gap in engineering workforce
With 85% of businesses making new hires and/or up-skilling existing staff to take advantage of digital technologies and auto...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?