- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Project Manager - Moulding Engineer
Our client is a leading manufacturing company who are looking for a Project Manager - Moulding Engineer to join their business.
SUMMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To maximise the medium and long term profitability through the efficient and effective resolution of all Moulding Engineering activity. To support the site and NPD with specialist moulding knowledge, to be deployed to validate new tools and modifications, to technically liaise with the moulding supply chain and to support the resolution of quality issues with moulded parts.
To provide strategic direction in terms of:
- Leading new molding component technology and development projects from concept stage into production by functioning both as the technical lead and project manager
- Achievement of an effective Mould program by developing activities with the vendors i.e. planned maintenance, repairs, validations, transfer protocol and process improvements
- To prepare annual tool maintenance, refurbishment and replacement budget for each of the medical plants
- set up, manage and monitor a tool care protocol to ensure tools remain in good working order to maximise their operational life and produce quality parts
To work with the manufacturing sites to:
- Maintain production by supporting new products, processes, transfers and existing production
- To act as technical lead in resolving quality and supplier issues with moulded components
- To manage and maintain Goods Inwards database of component drawings
- To ensure for every tool there is:-
- Up-to-date tool and component drawings,
- List of components made on tools and their annual volumes
- List of plants buying components from tool
- Volumes of each component of tool per annum
To ensure efficient budget management in terms of:
- Achieve cost savings by implementing cost reduction projects like moulds transfer, new vendors, multi-cavity moulds, hot runners conversion, parts consolidation, etc.
- To prepare annual 'new tool' budget for each of the Medical plants
To provide project management activity in relation to:
- Preparation of documentation by writing and redacting Scope of work, Business case, mold specifications, Request for Quotation, Validation protocol and reports.
- Direct, communicate and manage projects including but not limited to design, engineering and analysis of product, problem, processes, test and test set-ups.
- Research, investigate, test and develop product, transfer technology including manufacturing and testing equipment and provides hands on troubleshooting to the mentioned technology.
- Integrate and align efforts from different sources by directing, supervising and/or otherwise managing project team members and/or contractors as required for successful project completion.
- To be a team member on NPD and other site projects where applicable
- Provide Measure and monitor mould program progress by using statistical tools and reports.
- To provide any combination of tool and component attributes to various functions within the organisation for their decision making processes
To work with R&D, moulders and tool makers to:
- Ensure optimum and cost effective mould tool solutions for new products
- on 'design-for-manufacture' of new products
- Support R&D on long-term technology and product direction by understanding product application and resolving problem with customers.
Ensure compliance with QMS, ISO and all applicable regulations and company procedures.
Knowledge & Key Skills:
- Good understanding of modern mold techniques and systems ( Mould Flow analysis, Cavity pressure transducters, Scientic molding process)
- Computer literate (Microsoft, Lotus Notes, Project Management, SAP)
- Experience with Computer based drawing and desing programs, preferred 3D training in Solid works or Pro E
- Technical report writing skills
- Ability to prioritise, manage and complete projects with limited direction.
- Good understanding of the validation techniques for mold/molding parts.
- Good knowledge in Lean Manufacturing concepts.
- Good Knowledge in the use of six sigma and statistical tools like process capability, SPC, DOE.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts.
- Demonstrate contribution to the development of new principles and concepts.
- Demonstrate the ability to work on unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
- Good understanding of quality issues relating to plastic parts manufacture
- Degree in Engineering or Equivalent level
- Greenbelt / 6 sigma certification
- Experience in medium/high volume Medical, Pharmaceutical, Automotive or Food Industry
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.