- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Flood Risk Engineer - Perth
Our client is a multidisciplinary consultancy specialising in the flood risk and environmental sectors. They are seeking to appoint a Flood Risk / Drainage Engineer to join their team in Perth.
Our client are happy to consider candidates from Graduate (+1) to Senior grade and salary offering is largely dependant on experience.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Preparation of Flood Risk Assessments (FRA) and Drainage Strategies for a wide range of development infrastructure proposals across both the public and private sectors
- Undertake hydraulic flood modelling and hydrological modelling to support flood risk studies
- Undertake hydraulic modelling of drainage networks
- Preparation of drainage impact assessments and flood risk studies
- Supporting the Geotechnical Team
- Undertake and coordinate field surveys and topographic surveys
- Report preparation.
- Liaison with clients, colleagues and regulators
Qualifications / Experience:
- Degree educated in a relevant subject area (e.g. Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, etc)
- Graduate member with a relevant professional body (e.g. ICE, CIWEM)
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant industry software (e.g. AutoCAD, Microdrainage, HecRas and Flood Modeller Pro)
- Knowledge of FEH in hydrological assessments
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, policy and design standards (e.g. Sewers for Scotland/Adoption, Building Regs, CIRIA SUDS Manual)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.