- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
C++/Ada Software Engineer
A contract Software Engineer is required to join our leading defence client based in Yeovil.
Our client is responsible for the Displays and Controls, Integrated Monitoring and Recording System and Defensive Aids Subsystems for the Typhoon Synthetic Training System software. The current programme covers both the P1E and P2E releases. The P1E release is entering final stages of release to end customers and will require support and defect resolution and the P2E release is in the initial concept phase with requirements definition and capture. After which it will enter a development and release phase lasting approximately 18 months.
The engineer role will report to the Project Manager (PM), and will be responsible in conjunction with the other engineers for software updates and testing of the above subsystems. This also includes maintenance of test artefacts and test environment. This role is based in Yeovil although some travel will be required to Warton and the Eurofighter facility in Manching, Germany for full systems integration with other software and hardware will be required, sometimes at short notice.
Key Responsibilities of Role:
1. Technically understand the requirements/design and be responsible for code and test script updates within allocated time and budget.
2. Be able to provide support to integration activities in Manching sometimes at short notice. Liaise directly with other teams and integration team in Manching to expedite issues raised.
3. Liaise with other team members to ensure workshare between the team is balanced.
4. Support Project Design Reviews as required
5. Technically support any future projects bid work.
6. Provide project data to the project manager to help produce and maintain a metrics pack for the project.
7. Support the project Design Authority during the Design Certification process and any other project audits as necessary.
8. Additional project related technical tasks requested by the ASTA PM.
1. C++, ADA, scripting languages
2. Strong testing background
3. Typhoon Simulator/Synthetic Training Systems experience
4. Aircraft/Simulation systems related to Displays and Controls, DASS, IMRS, NAV or other fast jet systems
5. Ability and desire to understand technical requirements at system and subsystem level.
Please note, rates are available in limited, umbrella or PAYE.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.