- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Senior / Principal Wastewater Modeller - Reading
Our client is a leading international engineering consultancy with a big presence in the UK water sector. They are seeking to appoint a Senior or Principal Wastewater Modeller to join their team in Reading.
You will work closely with the engineering teams on wastewater and drainage studies, from feasibility through to detailed design stages. You will act in an advisory role across the UK and international markets, operating with a high degree of autonomy and self-reliance.
You will also provide technical guidance and support to our clients, and other divisions within the Group, as well as potentially leading and managing a team of modellers, technicians and analysts. We can offer an exciting range of project work, and a highly collaborative and supportive environment within which to further develop your career.
- Qualified to degree level, and Chartered (or working towards Chartership)
- Innovative thinker
- Effective communicator, able to put across your ideas in a logical and coherent fashion in both oral presentations and written reports, and able to explain modelling issues and techniques to non-modelling professionals
Significant experience of:
- InfoWorks CS / ICM
- Model build, verification and solution development
- Scoping and managing manhole, CCTV and flow surveys
- Flood alleviation schemes
- GIS software (preferably MapInfo)
- Reviewing and checking the work of others
The ideal candidate will also have experience of:
- Resource management / line management
- Project management of modelling projects
- Pricing and programming scopes of work
- Integrated ID / 2D modelling
- Water quality modelling
- Sewer rehabilitation
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Water
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?
- Top jobs for civil engineering graduates
If you've just finished your engineering degree and are looking for that first step into the industry, read our article whic...