- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Senior Planning Policy Officer
Our Surrey based client is looking for an interim Senior Planning Policy Officer for a short term contract of between 2 and 4 months.
The emerging Development Management Plan is intended for submission to the Planning Inspectorate in March 2018. This role will be working within the Planning Policy Team and, most immediately, assisting with the preparation of the Development Management Plan and other submission documents, the commencement of the Local Plan Examination process and onward to Hearings.
Duration of the role will be on a month to month basis as recruitment progresses with the appointment of a permanent Policy Development Officer. Realistically we anticipate the contract will last for 2 - 4 months, but cannot guarantee this.
Looking for a capable, experienced self-starter who can come in and hit the ground running. This is a very busy time and it will be essential that they are able to work effectively in a fast paced environment, working efficiently with colleagues and requiring minimum additional supervision.
- Managing and analysing Regulation 19 publication responses
- Assisting with the preparation of material for submission to the Secretary of State
- Preparing responses to objectors, assisting with topic papers, statements of common ground, responses to Inspector's questions and drafting potential changes and modifications through the examination process.
- Experience of local plan preparation particularly the later stages, undertaking information gathering and analysis, the preparation of research reports and familiarity with Examinations and/or public inquiries.
- Experience of Green Belt, environmental issues and Sustainability Appraisals would be highly desirable.
Normal working hours through a five day week subject to some flexibility. Limited opportunity for working at home.
This role will be paying between £28 and £35/h ltd/umbrella.
To apply, please call Daniel Baker on 01489 898 975 or apply via this advert.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.