- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Product Developer
Our clients have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Product Developer to join their growing team in Southampton.
To lead and drive the early-stage product development (Discovery) and support the Discovery Category Manager to grow and sustain the innovation pipeline for an NGP product category through successfully:
- supporting the identification of opportunity spaces relevant to the assigned NGP category
- providing technical leadership to develop and validate concepts and ideas relevant to identified opportunity spaces
- lead a team of product developers in the identification of technical enablers and development/validation of proof of concept prototypes
- enable the transfer of projects into NGP category product development teams
Responsible for all day-to-day operational activities for assigned projects within an NGP product category; from opportunity space identification through to proof of concept validation and transfer to the appropriate NGP category development team.
Provide technical guidance to support line management and provide advice to senior stakeholders in the business. Help enable alignment between NGP, Supply Chain, Commercial and End Markets Teams.
Through the application of people and strategic leadership, supported by sound scientific and technical capabilities the role ensures that NGP products are developed during the Discovery phase in line with company strategy.
Skills and Experience
- Science, Engineering or other relevant degree, or equivalent experience.
- Not less than two years' experience operating in a similarly senior role within an R&D organisation
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the key business activities relating to the product design, manufacture, and evaluation of products to meet consumer and commercial needs.
- Demonstrated ability to lead early-stage product development projects - identification of opportunity spaces, development and validation of concepts, processes for idea generation, development and validation of proof of concept prototypes.
- Recognised ability to lead early-stage product development using Human-Centred Design
- Demonstrated extensive technical knowledge of product development within an appropriate or analogous category
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge and experience of directing consumer research
- Strategic planning and implementation skills
- Demonstrated people leadership, interpersonal and communication skills,
- Ability to influence key senior level stakeholders
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.