- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client is looking for a Project Planner, on a permanent basis, to work within their HV Systems department in Hampshire. Candidates must have experience using Primavera and ideally worked in the construction industry on multiple projects before.
The main focus of this role is to develop and implement project planning standards, systems and procedures for the HV project team and to give functional guidance to the project teams.
- Planning preparation, in conjunction with bid team, to produce optimum programme to meet project objectives covering design, procurement, enabling, construction and jointing.
- Contribute to the capturing of project risks and propose mitigating actions.
- Work with supply chain specialists to confirm suitable method and programme for scope given specific project constraints.
- Monitoring and reporting progress against programmes, suggesting mitigation actions where appropriate in conjunction with the project and contract managers.
- Understand the project forms of contract and ensure the team are aware of necessary actions to demonstrate entitlement and protect the business from commercial risk.
- Feedback project status to senior management.
- Attend client, technical and project meetings
- Ensure that standard Project Planning requirements are met, understood and embedded, from both contractor and sub-contractors, into the client's system
- Ensure that project schedules conform to the change control process in terms of liaison, communication and calculation of change notes and orders
- Assist in the preparation of PQQ's/ITT's.
- Development of scheduling standards and processes in order to support the development and construction of HV Projects within the UK.
- Specifying requirements for scheduling software and evaluating scheduling software
- Implementing earned value systems and procedures
- Undertaking resource scenario planning to support business optimisation
- Develop blue print work, break down structures and project master schedules
Qualifications and Experience
- Previous experience as a Project Planner ideally gained within a construction background
- Experience of Primavera P6 is essential
- Experience of working on complex projects with a significant number of interface points and various contractors
- Able to consolidate individual programmes into an overall management report
- Ability to operate pro-actively and independently with an attention to detail
- Flexibility and an ability to function well under pressure
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.