The post holder will lead and manage medium scale projects and/or projects and programmes of moderate complexity or sensitivity to all directorates and external clients up to an approx. value of £4M per annum.
- To lead and manage the Project Team and external consultants delivering projects to time, cost and quality targets ensuring that all necessary methodologies, processes and procedures are in place.
- Ensure that Project Team members understand and can deliver on customer care and service excellence criteria tailored to each project.
- Ensure that project plans are in place for individual and groups of projects and for the project programme as a whole and secure and allocate resources accordingly.
- Deputise for the Senior Project Managers as required.
- Set timescales and style and approach for the team to ensure consistency and reliability in quality, timeliness and cost outturn and to build client confidence.
- Review and evaluate projects with the team and individuals and share and disseminate best practice.
- Provide monthly progress reports as required.
- Apply procurement regulations to both the appointment of consultants and contractors to ensure that CBC secures the required balance between quantative and qualitative measures.
- Take, prepare and agree briefs for individual projects with clients.
- To lead and manage teams of in-house and outsourced design professional to achieve desired outcomes and continuous improvement.
- Manage all project risks and collate monthly updates on the risk register on programmes and review risks and escalate to Principal Project Manager.
- Ensure that change control process is applied.
- Ensure that appropriate quality systems are in place.
- Put in place all necessary communication protocols for stakeholders and team members include team meetings, briefings and project boards.
- The post holder is to act as Employers Agent on Design & Build Projects, leading and recording pre-contract, site and client meetings and issuing all Project Variations on the contract as required.
- The post holder will act as a point of contact for key stakeholders.
- The post holder will have both commercial/value for money targets and qualitative and customer experience deliverables.
- Comply with council policies, standing orders, financial regulations and ensure adherence to statutory compliance (including health and safety) processes and procedures.
- Issuing Employers Agent instructions when acting as Employers Agent on Design & Build projects, referring to budget holder if exceeding set parameters for cost variation.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.