- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Safety and Compliance Engineer
An exciting new opportunity for a safety and compliance specialist has arisen at a site that has experienced impressive growth, working on cutting edge projects.
This Safety and Compliance specialist will get the chance to work on cutting edge projects that have never been seen before. The domains span across: automated machinery, rail guided vehicles, radio products and robotics.
The key responsibilities of the position are as follows:
- Ensuring products and systems meet appropriate regulatory compliance requirements
- Providing regulatory guidance and support to the research and development teams
- Performing and co-ordinating hazard and risk assessments for new product designs
- Compilation and maintenance of technical files for certification and regulatory compliance
- Review & approve safety related information prepared for manufacturing, end-users and service personnel (e.g. product testing, user guides, maintenance etc.)
- Review and prepare compliance reports for product certification, regulatory bodies and management as required
The ideal candidate has some of the following experience:
- Must be technically proficient in all areas of Electronic and Electro-Mechanical machinery safety
- Experience interfacing with external regulatory bodies
- Safety Auditing experience
- Experience in applying current European Directives and Standards pertaining to automated machinery and robotics
- Experience in achieving certification for products outside of the EU
- Ability to support engineers in the design of appropriate safety systems architecture. Knowledge of functional safety systems including SIL/PL assessments is highly desirable (e.g. Functional Safety Certified Eng)
- Ability to lead Task and Design based risk assessments
- Ability to create system test and validation plans
- Experience in the completion of EHSRs for Machinery Safety and the provision of body of evidence for CE Marking and regulatory compliance
- Ability to support and negotiate with suppliers for required certification / compliance deliverables.
If you would like to know more about the opportunity please get in touch.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Lack of diversity fuelling skills gap in engineering workforce
With 85% of businesses making new hires and/or up-skilling existing staff to take advantage of digital technologies and auto...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?