- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
EE Vehicle Architecture
An exciting long-term contract position has arisen for an experienced Automotive Systems Engineer with proven vehicle architecture across vehicle systems. Proven CAN networks, Body Electronics and vehicle architecture experience required.
Function Name Project Engineer - EE Architecture
Sub Job Family Electrical & Electronics
Scope of Role
Project Engineer for delivery of electrical and electronic system architecture development. Required to define on-vehicle electrical architectures, integration of communication networks and electrical distribution systems. You will provide technical expertise in your area.
Area of Responsibility
* You will provide on time delivery of electrical architectures and their communication networks working to the highest standards possible.
* You will participate in a team and in technical discussions to deliver robust fault free architectures through the application of the Concurrent Engineering disciplines DFMEA, DFA, DFM, Campaign Prevention Process, Robustness, etc.
* Develop the communication databus specifications & the Statements of Work for the Supplier to develop against
* Validate that all products meet the specification requirements and project targets through a documented DVP
* Ensure the effective application of APQP to manage system/ component delivery, represent the engineers of the components/ subsystems in that module, and call in other experts as necessary, such as PMST Leaders, Development Engineers, Analysis Engineers, Vehicle Integration Engineers etc.
Knowledge / Experience
* Experience working with a range of On-Car communication systems (CAN, Ethernet, Lin, Flexray).
* Experience in analysing automotive network dataflows and analysing databus bandwidth requirements. Furthermore experience with Preevision or similar tools to analyse network bandwidth and generate communication databases would be an advantage.
* An understanding of the implications of ISO26262 on automotive system architecture desire would be strongly desirable.
* Successful history of delivery within the automotive sector in passenger car, although other sectors are of interest
* Strong experience and technical knowledge of system integration testing, using tools such as CANalyser, CANape and CANOE.
* Knowledge of On board - Off Board Diagnostics; including all the techniques related to guided diagnostics.
* Experience of prototype vehicle build up, system commissioning and managing issue resolution
* Good understanding of Electrical systems supplier landscape and experience of managing supplier technical delivery
* You will be degree educated or significant equivalent experience or qualifications.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Automotive
- How to get into automotive engineering
Fancy a career as an automotive engineer? Find out how to get into this exciting line of work from Matchtech Automotive Dire...
- 4 engineering feats that changed America forever
Engineering has had a lasting and continuous impact on American civilisation. We look at 4 examples of amazing engineering w...