- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Assistant Program Manager
This is an incredible opportunity to become a key member of the management team within a well established business specialising in the design and manufacture of underwater vehicles and equipment.
Reporting to the Senior Program Manager, the APM's primary role is to maintain an overview of the project's performance by monitoring progress against pre-defined activities and budgets.
The APM will be required to periodically interrogate schedules and cost date to interpret Earned Value data for the project. In addition, the APM will monitor performance and provide early warning and root cause should significant deviations from project plan arise. Good presentation skills are required in order to participate in regular progress meetings with internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain project schedules.
- Regularly interrogate the EVM system to ensure the project is proactively managed.
- Manage project resource forecasts.
- Compile Monthly Project Progress Reports.
- Monitor contract compliance.
- Prepare documentation and participate in internal project reviews.
- Prepare documentation and participate in project reviews with client.
- Have a good understanding of Earned Value Management principles.
- 2 years in an Engineering and/or Manufacturing environment.
- Practical application of project management principles.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office software particularly Excel, Project and Word
- Capable of constructing and maintaining complex project schedules and resource plans.
- Possess good commercial awareness in terms of contracting mechanisms and adherence.
Minimum of HNC or BTEC level 4 in an engineering discipline.
Project Management qualification such as APM or Prince.
Earned Value Management qualification such as APMG.
Risk Management qualification
The role may require some travel to the United States of America.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.