- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Advanced Vehicle Concept Engineer
Our client, at the forefront of the electric vehicle revolution has a number of exciting opportunities to join the advanced Concept Engineering Team. Please get in touch if you have automotive concept experience (Chassis/interiors/whole vehicle)
Our client, the next generation car company, is seeking talented engineers to support with the design and development of its brand new range of electric vehicles from concept through to production.
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in the development of brand new vehicle platforms and to contribute to some of the most ambitious vehicle concepts currently taking place globally.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- According to company high level production planning, involved in platform strategy framing out and derived program advanced phase development.
- Responsible for one or multi zones concept development, i.e. engine compartment, passenger compartment.
- In the responsible zone, with commodity/product engineer, work on advanced study of new solution/technology from concept phase through application phase, and support implementation phase when necessary.
- Work with CAE team, use CAE tools to optimize the concept solution regarding both component level and vehicle level
- Work with vehicle attributes(NVH, Durability, Aero, etc.) and safety team, ensure the concept solution achieve optimized performance
- For responsible zone, conduct basic homologation and ergonomic check, and basic manufacturing/serviceability check
- Identify concept level issues and work on proposal solutions, maintain issues list and keep update
- Host regular concept review meeting, involve related working stakeholders to push issue to resolution, manage meeting minutes and take lead in issue tracking
- Escalate high risk issues in advance to minimize timing risk
Advanced Design & Technical Convergence Support
- Conduct feasibility study on advanced Design theme, identify feasibility issues work with DTC team for proposal and issue resolution
- Collect and compile technical requirement into master sections and engineering criteria, to support design and engineering development
- Participate in advanced phase DTC meeting, represent vehicle engineering in discussion and push issue to resolution
- Engineering college or above
Knowledge & skills
- Automotive engineering expertise in advanced engineering, package and complete vehicle groups
- >10 years working experience is preferred
- Catia V5/V6, Office
- Fluent English is a must
- Capable and willing to use Catia V5/V6 for majority of working time to investigate concept solutions from scratch, and able to deliver high quality work
- Good knowledge of Safety, NVH, Durability, Vehicle Dynamic, Aerodynamics, etc. is a plus
- Good knowledge in Body structure, or Interior, or Exterior, or Chassis, or E-powertrain development is a plus
- Good sense of team work
- Honest, reliable, self-motivated personality, capable and willing to work under high timing pressure
The benefits package includes but is not limited to:
- Flexible working
- Mobility allowance
- Life assurance
- Annual bonus
- Equity scheme
This isn't just another job. It's an opportunity to join a movement to change the mobility experience for everyone. If you find that as exciting as we do, please contact Dan Tchupan at Matchtech for a full job description and a confidential discussion regarding these opportunities.
OUR CLIENT IS ONLY ABLE TO CONSIDER APPLICANTS FROM CANDIDATES WHO HOLD THE RIGHT TO LIVE AND WORK WITHIN THE EU
All salaries are dependant on relevant skills and experience
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Automotive
- Why the automotive industry needs more electrical engineers
As the focus of automotive companies turns towards the production of electric vehicles, the demand for electrical engineers...
- Automotive engineers required to pioneer new car safety technology
From automatic braking to lane keep assists, find out how automotive engineers are designing potentially life-saving systems