- Hiring hub
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Controls Systems Engineer
My client provides integrated software solutions to simplify the operations of ports, terminals and warehouses.
They offer an excellent, end-to-end, integrated software and consultancy solution for the entire lifecycle of ports, terminals and warehouses
To design, develop, install, commission and support of control systems and hardware for low level automated technology. This role is primarily office based but the candidate must be flexible and willing to travel as necessary to customer sites in the UK and overseas for project commissioning.
- PLC software development and testing - experience with Siemens (Step 7 Classic and/or TIA Portal) and/or Rockwell (RS Logix 5000 and/or Studio 5000) is preferable
- HMI application development and testing
- Electrical and control system design -experience with ePlan or AutoCad
- Industrial Networks Knowledge - Profinet and/or Ethernet/IP
- Hardware specification & procurement
- Hardware configuration
- Handling prioritising and resolution of Service Tickets
- Part of out-of-hours support team
- Customer liaison
- Generation of quotations for small controls projects
- Supporting Team Leader in generation of tender documentation and pricing for large control projects
- On site team leading, installation, testing, commissioning & go-live support
- Supervision of sub-contractors during site implementation phases
- Generation & maintenance of documentation: functional specifications, manuals, project technical files, training and health & safety documentation, test plans
- Key point of contact onsite and Customer training
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Expertise and innovation at a technical level
- Motivated to share knowledge with peers
- Committed to continual improvement
- 'Can do' flexible attitude and team player
- Thorough; leaving no stones unturned
- Organised and disciplined
- Good listener and communicator
- Customer focused
- You are able to write code for MHE applications: standard and safety applications.
- Have 5-10 years' experience in the MHE industry.
- Can do R&D and develop PLC standards (Siemens & Rockwell).
- Know various MHE machinery in particularly conveyor systems and hi-bay cranes.
- Can bring the latest MHE control solutions into the company & team (i.e. safety applications in MHE, distributed controls in conveyor systems, Wifi communication in warehousing.)
- Is capable to lead team of up to 2-3 engineers.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.