- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Water Engineer / Modeller - Glasgow
Our client is a large engineering consultancy who operate across various sectors within the UK infrastructrue market. They are seeking to appoint a Water (Flood Risk) Engineer / Modeller to grow their team in Glasgow.
The Water Engineer/River Modeller role provides the opportunity to join a dynamic and innovative team of water environment specialists in our Glasgow office. It supports our strategy for growth and diversification, grounded in an interesting and varied forward workload of committed projects. The Water Services team in Glasgow currently has 19 staff with activity broadly divided into sub-services as follows:
- Development: providing assessment and design services in the areas of drainage, SUDs, water supply, and infrastructure adoption;
- Water and watercourse engineering: providing assessment, design and inspection services relating to flood risk management, hydrology, river modelling, watercourse structures and dams/reservoirs; and
- Water environment: providing EIA, geomorphology, CAR and other environmental advice linked to the team's core services.
The objective of the role is to grow the water and watercourse engineering sub-service.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
Your line manager will be a Senior Modeller within the team. You will be expected to take responsibility for studies appropriate to your experience, and contribute to, and learn from, the delivery of larger schemes.
The role will initially involve working on hydrological and hydraulic modelling for development, major infrastructure and reservoir projects. You will be expected to deputise for Senior Modellers in their absence and assist in the supervision and mentoring of graduates already within the team. A sound technical base with good communication skills is therefore essential.
The Team Strategy is to grow, enhance the role of specialists, and diversify our services within the wider water sector. You will be expected to contribute to the strategy, and enjoy the benefits of working with experts in the field with an approach of supporting continued personal and professional development.
The successful candidate should have the following:
- Have a degree in Civil Engineering or relevant other first degree and /or masters.
- Be chartered or nearing chartered status with a relevant professional body (i.e. ICE, CIWEM).
- Around 5 or more years of experience in public sector or consultancy relevant to the role.
Your principal duties will be:
- Delivery of water engineering and modelling aspects of the Water Services team's core activities;
- Support the development of staff and delivery of the Team Strategy;
- Delivery of work in accordance with agreed budgets and timescales; and
- Perform role in accordance with business management, quality, and health and safety systems.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.