- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
The Document Controller reports directly to the Configuration Manager and is responsible for the registration and releasing of document and configuration information, the integrity and maintenance of those configuration records.
Responsibilities and tasks
The post holder shall:
- Capture, review, progression, transparency and accessibility of business information and its life-cycle records in the designated CM tool (WindChill).
- Ensures the definition, recording and storage of technical data within the Document management tool (e.g. Windchill PDMLink).
- Develop and maintain good working communications paths with customers, including Programme / Project Managers and external suppliers.
- Review and provide continuous improvement to the CM owned set of Project Marshall Control procedures and publishing templates.
- Administration and maintenance of the Document Control tool, including reporting and adaptation of scripts.
- Support the concession and problem reporting process for the engineering division to include maintenance of the associated tools, requirements ownership and support of testing and acceptance activities as required.
- Contribute to the CM website to the high standards set by CM management team.
- Have the ability to use all the MS office tools and to produce, edit or reformat any of the supported system specifications and project documents. Familiarity with handling large documents in Word is important thus permitting the post holder to gradually improving publishing effectiveness of the documents and manuals handled.
- Ideally have experience of building detailed diagrams in Visio.
- Be able to understand their role and effectively liaise with their points of contact in relation to the project and its customers. The post holder would be expected to prioritise and organise the majority of their tasks and to be able to respond to requests with the appropriate level of urgency.
- Work unsupervised for much of the day-to-day work.
- Able to prioritise their tasks and to be able to respond to requests with the appropriate level of urgency.
- Take pride in the improving consistency and helpfulness of the published and updated material.
- Reports of progress weekly to the Quality Manager and /or Configuration Manager
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND PERSONAL QUALITIES
- Be an experienced user of IT, particularly with an understanding of the use and development of databases / spreadsheets (e.g.: MS Access, Excel, and Word).
- Ideally have experience of electronic document publishing using a professional publishing application, preferably Adobe FrameMaker and Adobe Acrobat.
- Have the aptitude to learn new tools and methods, to apply logical thinking, to be able to follow and apply processes, and to consult with colleagues when processes are either unclear or need improvement.
- Be capable of applying careful attention to detail required by the CM discipline, with strong organisational skills.
- Have the ability and discipline to work accurately within tight time scales.
- Have good communication skills and be able to communicate directly and diplomatically with staff at all levels, including customers and suppliers, both internal and external to NATS.
- Have the integrity to report achievements and work outstanding accurately to his/her superiors.
NATS and Thales have entered into a partnership to form the AQUILA consortium to deliver MOD Project MARSHALL contract from the Ministry of Defence (MOD).
Project MARSHALL involves the delivery of numerous Air Traffic Management (ATC) systems across approximately 100 Ministry of Defence airfields and service delivery sites across the UK and several overseas locations. The NATS deliverables as part of Project MARSHALL call for the provision of multi-disciplined Systems Engineers with experience in ATC voice communication, surveillance and information systems to work as part of an onsite installation, acceptance and transition team to deliver these new systems between May 2015 and December 2020.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.