- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Process Technician (Mechanical)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Maintenance Technician to join Southern Water team on a permanent basis.
You will work base hours of 7:30 till 4pm Mon-Wed and 7:30 till 3pm Thurs- Fri. You will work a standby roster as per team requirements. Weekend availability roster is also in place to cover out of hours.
As Maintenance Technician you will undertake the day-to-day maintenance of, and repairs to, water and wastewater treatment works, sludge treatment centres and pumping stations to ensure all environmental, quality and customer service standards are met, whilst meeting H&S legislation and achieving budgetary targets.
Your main accountabilities in the role will be:
* Undertake reactive and planned maintenance of plant and equipment on a daily basis.
* Install new plant and equipment as required.
* Respond to alarms and fault find to identify issues, fix these or escalate if required.
* Update the necessary company systems and databases as required accurately and promptly.
* Identify possible future risks and recommend changes in the course of their day-to-day work and to raise these for resolution as required.
* Provide standby cover on a 24/7 basis in case of emergency or out-of-hours issues.
* Keep up to date with new technology and approaches to ensure they can service existing plant/equipment and are able to identify opportunities to utilise new methods/approaches in their work. We are looking for candidates with the following knowledge and skills:
* Understand and use standard equipment and tools required to manufacture and fit parts (welding etc). Investigate, repair and report on any issues found.
* Understand operational processes and impacts.
* Read and understand technical drawings.
The Key Qualifications and Experience Required for this role are:
* Served a recognised Apprenticeship. Multi-skilled would require both Mechanical and Electrical.
* Knowledge or experience of speciality area (mechanics) including experience in pumps.
* Experience of heavy industry.
* NVQ or equivalent in speciality area.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.