- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Senior Development Engineer
Our client is a world leader in construction manchinery, as a result of growing demands they are looking to hire a Senior Development Engineer to work in a permanent role based in Derby.
Overview of the role:
As a result of growing demands for their award winning range of diesel engines and an increasing number of exciting engine development programmes, they are seeking a talented Development Engineer who is looking for an opportunity to further their career at the cutting edge of powertrain performance and emissions development.
Roles are based at their new multi-million pound engine research and development centre in Derbyshire.
Your responsibilities as a Senior Development Engineer:
Performance Development Engineers are responsible for developing our range of diesel engines to meet the latest emissions regulations for our global customer base. This role includes the following activities:
- Hardware development/specification of emissions critical components:
- Combustion system
- Air handling (turbocharger and EGR systems)
- Aftertreatment (SCR, DPF, DOC)
- Calibration development:
- Base engine performance and emissions
- Aftertreatment control
- Certification testing
- 1d simulations (using WAVE) for concept evaluation, turbocharger matching, cam profile development, aftertreatment development
- CFD simulation (using Converge) of the combustion, air path and aftertreatment system
- A strong engineering background and a Degree/HND in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Detailed knowledge of diesel or gasoline engine fundamentals, after treatment systems and their application
- Candidate should have a strong interest in emissions control technology
What's in it for you?
To say thank you for your hard work, they will work with you to support your career progression and development. They will also provide a competitive salary, company pension scheme, medical insurance and dental care schemes, access to the company's healthy living centre and 33 days annual leave.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.