- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Project Engineer - Powertrain
An experienced Project Engineer is required to work on Powertrain projects for a large Automotive Manufacturer in the West Midlands.
Order Number: 35010
Job Title: Project Engineer - Powertrain
Pay Rate: £22.10
Duration: 48 Weeks
Project Engineer - Power Conversion & Lubrication Design & Release
As part of an established, motivated and fast moving team, the successful candidate would work in the Power Conversion and Lubrication Team to support the key Module Leaders/Subject Matter Experts in commodity delivery across programmes. They would also be responsible for progressing the RMDV (Requirements Management & Design Verification/Validation) system status.
Keys areas of responsibility:
- Commodity Delivery, interfacing with suppliers.
- Faciliator for progression of issue resolution between Engine D&R group and Powetrain Manufacturing Group.
- Escalation of issues to Engine Design Review forums, assisting D&R groups in delivering resolution to issues.
- Ensure that the wider team are fully briefed on incoming issues and status.
- Assist in the classification and update to RMDV.
3 key skills required
- Supplier Management Capability. The successful candidate must be confident and capable in supplier management, ensuring program deliverables and metrics are achieved. Excellent communication skills are essential.
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Processes. Understanding of materials and manufacturing processes for volume produced, precision forged and machined components.
- Fundamentals of Engine Operation Understanding of engine operation and basic mass balance principles.
- Experience of component and system design, with an understanding of engine components and requirements.
- Strong understanding and application of design quality tools such as DFMEA, Robustness Studies etc.
- Ability to perform tolerance studies on complex systems.
- Strong problem solving capability required.
- Awareness of manufacturing processes associated with engine components and engine assembly.
- Working knowledge of product delivery systems. AIM (Automated Issues Management), PCS (Product Creation System) and RMDV systems) would be an advantage.
- Qualification to degree level or equivalent is required.
- Six sigma problem solving capability.
- Understanding of engine rotating & reciprocating systems, and the interface with balance requirements and calculation principles.
- Communication of the delivery status of the system / commodity within programmes to various forums within & external to base engines is required.
- Experience of presenting in similar forums is required to support role.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.