- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Traffic Management Technical Officer
Our client is seeking a Traffic Management Technical Officer to be responsible for all aspects of traffic management on the M25 and ensure safe and common standards are applied in compliance with relative health and safety legislation.
The successful candidate will have the following accountabilities:
- Be the first point of contact for all traffic management activities on the M25 DFBO during the daytime and provide technical advice in accordance with Chapter 8, NHSS 12 A, B, C and D and TSRDG to designers, project team, depot staff and supply chain partners.
- Be responsible for all aspects of traffic management on the M25 DBFO contract and ensure safe and common standards of traffic management are applied in compliance with relevant health and safety legislation.
- Ensure suitable and robust method statements and risk assessments are in place for all traffic management related activities, identify gaps and produce documentation as required.
- Ensure that all traffic management drawings that are produced both internally and externally are in line with current working procedures.
- Engage with traffic management subcontractors to ensure all work is carried out to the correct standard by the way of feedback meetings on a regular basis (minimum quarterly) and evidence meetings through documentation.
- Carry out daytime audits on traffic management to ensure that all works are compliant with the requirements of NHSS Sector Scheme and Chapter 8. Identify and rectify any issues found.
- Maintain a robust suite of traffic management drawings for the M25 DBFO.
- Review all traffic management supply chain method statements and risk assessments on an annual basis for compliance and document to evidence.
- Ensure the quality system is actively applied to all traffic management on the M25 DBFO.
- Complete monthly reports for carriageway crossings.
- Assist with applications for Temporary Traffic Regulation Orders and diversion routes.
- Attendance at traffic management forums and site meetings at contract level.
Maintain an electronic daily diary of meetings attended, site visits and actions.
The following qualities/experience are essential:
- Relevant vocational qualifications
- Traffic management experience with broad skills, knowledge and understanding of traffic management design minimum of TSCO, TMF qualification.
- Understanding of H&S requirements relating to traffic management
- Working knowledge of Temporary Traffic Management, Chapter 8 and TSRGD
- IOSH Managing Safely
- First aid at work
- Relevant CSCS card
- Minimum of 5 years traffic management experience
- Competent in traffic management design and implementation,
- Experienced with Cone 10 and CAD
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
- Good communication skills and able to unambiguously communicate targets, and priorities
- People management skills to include delegating and managing others workload, team building and motivating others to achieve
- Prides self on technical excellence
- Ability to develop relationships and engender trust at all levels of the organisation and with key clients
- Presentation skills
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Highways
- 5 qualities that make a great highway engineer
What do the best highway engineers have in common? Joe Wilson, Department Manager of Highways at Matchtech, shares the top q...
- Top jobs for civil engineering graduates
If you've just finished your engineering degree and are looking for that first step into the industry, read our article whic...