- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
I am working with a large international company who are looking for a project engineer to join a growing team in Hatfield.
Working within Project Engineering and supporting the Engineering Product Development manager to deliver technical innovation that can either be implemented into existing infrastructure or influence future strategy and project delivery.
This will include Engineering, Electromechanical and Automation research and development projects. management of development cycle through from conceptualisation, through proof of concept, prototyping etc through to realisation as a viable business solution. In addition, the position will incorporate roles and responsibility of the General Project Engineer and may include project delivery.
This position will be to support the research and development within Engineering, including the design and install of production ready systems, including the associated interfaces with other MHE systems including hardware, PLCs (programmable logic controller) and HMI (human-machine interface) / SCADA (supervisory control and data acquisition).
The PE is responsible for the successful delivery of the engineering elements of new projects, defined in terms of time, cost and specification, including fulfilment of any CDM and health and safety requirements.
- Projects can be of varying levels of complexity:
- The PE is responsible for the planning, programme, coordination and management of all external MHE and Enabling works suppliers; and oversees and manages the vendor for the technical delivery of any new equipment installed on site.
- THE PE is also responsible for many commercial aspects of the project; including formulation of the capital budget; negotiation on costs; raising of Purchase Orders; processing of Invoices; and supporting the BPM and Procurement function in discussions with external suppliers on any Project Variations.
- Areas of particular focus for the PE are:
- Technical lead from design through implementation to Go live, including identification, and appropriate resolution, of any Snagging works
- Formulation and control of Budget spend (forecast versus actual spend)
- Support of any Change Management processes
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- An Engineering qualification, to HND or Degree level
- Good technical ability (or experience) relating to automation hardware. Experience with automation, process machinery and robotics (e.g. ABB, Adept, Fanuc, Kuka, Motoman, Nachi, Seiko, Sankyo, etc.) would be useful. Must be able to perform system design, simulation and testing, and start-up.
- Experience of project implementation in manufacturing, automotive, airports, FMCG distribution or mechanical or materials handling industries is a plus.
- Proven track record in system or technical design and delivery, the ability to develop and implement standard engineering practices, as well as provide detailed documentation upon project completion. Able to act as the project technical lead.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.