- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
We have an urgent requirement for a Specialist Engineer to work on Chassis programmes for Armoured Vehicles.
Position Title: Specialist Engineer
Duration: 52 Weeks
Key Performance Indicators:
- Deliver Armour Chassis Systems on time, cost & quality
- Develop Chassis system DVPs to ensure robust system development
- Drive Product Quality (Current & Future)
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for delivering the chassis system being developed to meet the business requirements on time with appropriate quality and at the right cost.
- Support the planning, co-ordination, delivery and reporting of requirements to support the Cycle Plan programmes and Cycle Plan studies, using Product Creation Delivery System (PCDS) principles in conjunction with other company processes as required.
- Contribute to the negotiation and agreement of targets for the modules and ensure all programme deliverables are tracked, monitored, delivered and reported accurately and on time at each gateway and organise and lead appropriate interim review events.
- Support colleagues in conflict and issue resolution within the Armour Centre of Competence and across functions.
- Work towards the Armour Centre of Competence performance and facilitate or escalate cross module / cross Centre of Competence problem resolution on all programme aspects of content delivery, including virtual build, physical build and launch support.
- Manage and develop external communications and status reporting, providing a coherent status for senior management.
- Support colleagues by interfacing between Product Strategy, Advanced Product Creation and Marketing to ensure the programme delivers the expected product actions in a robust manner.
- Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested.
3 key skills required
- Proven Chassis technical knowledge, to include whole vehicle chassis systems (brakes, wheels, tyres, subframes, exhaust etc) and ability to deliver from concept to production.
- Ability to work autonomously and deliver a robust whole vehicle chassis system
- Proven Chassis technical knowledge, to include whole vehicle chassis systems (brakes, wheels, tyres, subframes, exhaust etc)
- Experience of Engineering delivery from concept to production.
- Ability to work autonomously and deliver a robust whole vehicle chassis system.
- Experience of the automotive or manufacturing industry.
- Experience of CATIA, Digibuck, Team Centre.
- Experience of developing technical requirements specifications and associated test plans.
- Experience of planning, co-ordination, delivery and reporting of requirements to support the Cycle Plan programmes using Product Creation Delivery System (PCDS) principles.
- Experience of delivering technical products through a team, utilising strong people management skills.
- Experience of delivering projects in an automotive or manufacturing environment.
- Proven ability to manage senior stakeholders and communicate at all levels.
- Degree or relevant equivalent experience preferred.
- High drive, self-motivated and able to deliver with minimum supervision.
- Candidates must be committed, flexible and able to work under pressure.
- The candidate must have a record of proactive delivery and commitment to meeting deadlines.
- The candidate must be flexible with regard to multiple site working during launch.
- Experience within the Armour automotive industry.
- Experience of Armour
- Experience of runflat systems
- Experience of CAE
- Experience of building and managing multiple internal and external relationships in complex stakeholder environments
- Automotive Engineering experience with an understanding of automotive product creation and delivery tools like Enovia PLM
- Minimum 5 years experience
- Supplier management
- Chassis System DV
- Software Skills - PC Literate, MS Office Proficiency, MS Project knowledge
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Automotive
- Why the automotive industry needs more electrical engineers
As the focus of automotive companies turns towards the production of electric vehicles, the demand for electrical engineers...
- Automotive engineers required to pioneer new car safety technology
From automatic braking to lane keep assists, find out how automotive engineers are designing potentially life-saving systems