- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior/ Lead Technical Project Manager
An exciting new opportunity for a Lead or Senior Technical Project Manager has arisen at a site that has experienced impressive growth, working on cutting edge projects.
This Lead Automation Project Manager will get the chance to work on cutting edge projects that have never been seen before. The design domains span across: automated machinery, rail guided vehicles, radio products and robotics.
Working with a number of teams including Development, Technology & Engineering, Finance and the Executive Board, you will be accountable for:
- Matrix management of appropriate internal resource and expertise to support innovation and delivery in both Software and Hardware development teams
- Management and delivery of projects against a stage gated development program, defining business requirements, success milestones and manage development programs within budget, quality and to time
- Risk management - identifying opportunities to accelerate development or reduce risk through the active application of risk management strategies
- Communication Skills - appropriate commissioning of data capture followed by analysis and presentation of results to inform the stage gate decision process
- Stakeholder management through clear and regular communication of development cycle progress, risk, risk mitigation and roadmap
- Health and Safety & Regulatory Compliance - Ensuring all projects meet appropriate legislation both in Europe and internationally
- Adding value to the development process, support and challenging colleagues to produce new, innovative solutions to achieve demanding business goals
- Transfer to manufacture - where appropriate ensuring products are suitable for transfer to manufacture and supporting the transfer
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Be able to represent the requirements of the business and articulate to stakeholders across the business from Board level to developers
- Proven track record of delivery of projects from a varied background including automation equipment, production machines, complex systems, product or robotic developments throughout the design lifecycle
- Experience in managing large automation projects and/or a portfolio of multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrable experience of successful delivery of complex multidiscipline projects or products
- Experience of managing internal/external suppliers and contractors to deliver automation projects or products
- Able to act as the project business leader
- Engineering degree or equivalent on the job experience from a multi-discipline team of engineers from Systems/Electrical/Mechanical or Software Engineering background
- Fast paced and volume production experience of electro-mechanical products will be an advantage
- Understanding of software and hardware (Electrical and Mechanical) development processes
- Provide technical oversight and direction on multi-disciplinary projects
If you would like to know more about the opportunity and the company please get in touch.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Did you know that just 9% of young people would consider a career in construction?
That’s the recent finding of a survey by giant housing association L&Q, which surveyed 1,095 16 to 18-year-olds about th...