- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Technical Project Manager
An exciting new opportunity for a Technical Project Manager has arisen at a site that has experienced impressive growth, working on cutting edge projects.
This Automation Project Manager will get the chance to work on cutting edge projects that have never been seen before. The design domains span across: automated machinery, rail guided vehicles, radio products and robotics.
Working with a number of teams including Development, Technology & Engineering, Finance and the Executive Board, you will be accountable for:
- Management of appropriate internal resource and expertise to support innovation and delivery in both Software and Hardware development teams.
- Management and delivery of projects against a stage gated development program, defining business requirements, manage risks, success milestones and manage development programs within budget, quality and to time
- Communication Skills - appropriate commissioning of data capture followed by analysis and presentation of results to inform the stage gate decision process
- Stakeholder management through clear and regular communication of development cycle progress, risk , risk mitigation and roadmap
- Adding value to the development process, support and challenging colleagues to produce new, innovative solutions to achieve demanding business goals
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Proven self starter with the ability to influence, motivate and support teams to achieve challenging timelines and technical targets
- Be able to represent the requirements of the business and articulate to stakeholders across the business from Board level to developers
- Proven project management track record of delivery of projects from a varied background including automation equipment, production machines, complex systems, product or robotic developments throughout the design lifecycle
- Experience in managing large automation projects and/or a portfolio of multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrable experience of successful delivery of complex multidiscipline projects or products
- Experience of managing internal/external suppliers and contractors to deliver automation projects or products
- Able to act as the project business leader
If you would like to know more about the opportunity and company, please get in touch.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Lack of diversity fuelling skills gap in engineering workforce
With 85% of businesses making new hires and/or up-skilling existing staff to take advantage of digital technologies and auto...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?