- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Radar Systems Architect
Our client are a major marine electronics manufacturer currently seeking an experienced systems architect with a strong radar background.
- Architecture and implementation of future marine radar products and systems.
- Assist with maintenance of existing radar production - obsolescence, production and test issues.
- Assist global product manager with technology roadmap for product development strategy.
- Work closely with hardware developers to help achieve defined goals
- Design and verification of electronic circuits & systems.
- Testing and debugging of PCB's.
- Design and development of test fixtures.
- Component sourcing and procurement specification.
- Schematic / documentation control.
- Participate and prepare hardware technical specifications.
- Maintain an awareness of tools and technologies and recommend when necessary.
- Ensure all designs are compliant with ISO9000 policy documents.
- Test plan generation.
- Liaise with production to ensure designs are suitable for manufacture and test
- Maintain competitor awareness
- Educated to post-graduate degree level (or with equivalent relevant experience).
- A PhD or MSc related to simulation, signal processing would be highly advantageous.
- Strong experience in product development in an electronic Engineering environment.
- Should be able to demonstrate good knowledge in the following subjects: -
- Radar design and simulation.
- MATLAB and Simulink.
- Magnetron radar.
- Solid-state radar.
- Coherent, Doppler, pulse-compression and FMCW radar techniques.
- Electronic hardware design.
- RF and microwave.
- EMC and emissions regulations.
- Environmental test requirements.
- Proven ability to successfully architect complex systems.
- Experience of schematic capture and specifying PCB design rules.
- Communication networks knowledge (CAN, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth) advantageous.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Maritime
- 6 qualities of a successful Production Supervisor
What does it take to become a successful Production Supervisor? Louise Lees, Maritime Recruitment Specialist, describes the...
- STEM Returners: creating new talent pools in STEM
Women’s Engineering Society (WES) have partnered up with The Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology (IMarES...