- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Battery Cell Specialist
An opportunity exists within the Battery Development Team for a Battery Cell Technical Specialist to lead and deliver battery cell related aspects of on-going client technology projects.
Provide technical lead and specialist knowledge in the field of battery cells as part of a multi-disciplined battery development team including:
- Responsible for determination of battery configurations to meet project specifications and calculation of battery electrical capabilities
2.Provide technical knowledge and guidance on all cell related aspects of battery development projects - chemistries, formats, cell selection
- Assist simulation teams by providing cell specific technical input
- Interface directly with clients on technical matters
- Keep up to date with and provide a point of reference for available cell chemistries and formats, emerging cell technologies, current cell trends, cell supplier roadmaps
- Attend and present at conferences and industry events to maintain the knowledge position in emerging cell technologies
- Support sales teams through client interaction, proposal support and roadmap development
Required Qualifications and Experience:
The successful applicant will have a good knowledge of battery cell chemistries and industry wide cell formats and will have ideally worked in battery system development projects within the automotive industry.
- Minimum of a degree in an Engineering or Science related discipline (e.g. electrical and electronic engineering / chemistry / physics / maths / control engineering)
- Good understanding of cell chemistries used in automotive applications
- Experience in cell manufacturing laboratory environment
- Knowledge of battery system architectures and battery management systems
- Familiar with product delivery process from requirements capture through to design validation of battery systems
- Experience in compliance engineering to external standards, such as battery handling, EMC, vehicle safety, functional safety ISO26262 etc
- Experienced in presenting to customers and larger audiences on technical subjects
- Able to be flexible on work location and prepared to travel within the UK and internationally on short assignments.
- Proactive, self-motivated, and attentive to detail
- Strong teamwork, organisational, oral communication, and written communication skills.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
It would be beneficial, but not essential if the applicant had some experience or knowledge in the following fields:
- Operating principles of battery management systems
- Electrical systems engineering
- Knowledge of design architectures for high current and high voltage (up to 1200VDC) automotive power systems
- Analytical approach to developing controls algorithms in an automotive environment
- Experience in model-based development languages such as Matlab/Simulink
- Familiar with laboratory test equipment
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.