- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Senior Policy Planner
Policy Officer based in Leicester needed for a potential long term contract. Policy Planning experience is key before applying.
To assist in the preparation, implementation and review of the statutory local development framework for the Borough and in the provision of guidance to the Council and its customers upon the implications of new legislation, policy guidance and initiatives advanced by other bodies and agencies.
- Assist in the preparation and review of the Council's statutory local development framework and related non statutory policies, standards and guidance, with particular responsibility for the preparation of specific Development Plan Documents, Neighbourhood Plans and Supplementary Planning Documents.
- Assist in the implementation of adopted planning policies and the application of non statutory policies, standards and guidelines through the provision of advice on more complex planning applications and engagement in pre application enquiry processes.
- Assist in the formulation of appropriate responses to the plans, policy guidance, consultation documents and circulars prepared by other Borough Council divisions, the County Council, adjoining local authorities, regional agencies, government departments and other bodies.
- Prepare and present reports to the relevant Council Committees on the local development framework and related policy matters.
- Prepare evidence and appear as necessary as an expert witness for the Council at public inquiries, examinations in public and other public hearings.
- Deal with general enquiries on plans and policies, including more complex issues, by telephone, in correspondence and in person.
- Liaise with other Council divisions, County Council departments, Town/Parish Councils and other external agencies and authorities on matters affecting local development framework preparation and implementation with attendance as necessary at meetings, presentations and exhibitions.
- Undertake surveys to keep under review matters expected to affect the development of the Borough or the planning of its development in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Supervise, guide and assist other Team members to ensure agreed service related and corporate objectives are achieved as necessary.
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of efficient research and information systems necessary to comply with statutory and advisory statistical or qualitative surveys, to inform the plan making process and to service the information needs of other Council divisions.
- Coordinate the preparation of the Annual Monitoring Report on Local Development Framework for submission to Secretary of State.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement in the delivery of customer satisfaction ensuring all work is carried out to meet agreed expectations for customer service and defined performance indicator.
If you are a contractor in the Town Planning industry and you are looking for your next opportunity and would like to discuss this role in more detail, please get in touch with Charlotte Pope at Matchtech on firstname.lastname@example.org
If you're a Planning Officer, however the role advertised isn't suitable, please click on the link to check out our latest vacancies in the town planning sector:
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.