- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Systems Design/ Architect Engineer
An excellent opportunity for an Engineer with practical experience of Safety Critical Software Architecture within an Automotive domain. Working with a global brand in an R&D hub in the North East.
Software Systems Design/ Architect Engineer
Successful applicants will be required to work as part of a team of engineers, performing system level software and functional safety specification, design and analysis activities for products used in real time automotive applications. Work covers all parts of the system and functional safety applicants, from developing new ideas and concepts, requirements management, systems/functional safety design, analysis and implementation through to serial production.
Software systems design/architect engineers are required to possess a degree of self-discipline and initiative that will allow them to work unaided, solving engineering problems that are required within the position. The majority of the work is centred on the software system architecture and component design and interaction, conformance of the build to architectural specification rules, and software configuration management of the system according to industry best practice. These are safety critical systems, so must be proven to high integrity level.
- Responsible for the functional safety of the software build artefacts
- Maintenance and enforcement of the software system architectural rules.
- Software Systems architecture specification and component design using sysML and UML
- Managing, allocation, implementation, traceability of customer software requirements to the software and their verification test results at all levels in the SW Vee model
- Identification of system elements of reuse and new development
- Configuration management of software system design according to the configuration management plan and release plan
- Working to company quality standards
- Developing processes to ensure functional safety
Must Have Experience and Skills in ALL of these areas:
- Practical knowledge of systems engineering practice according to ASPICE or ISO15504, and ISO12207
- Deep understanding of the management of functional safety software.
- Understanding of the concept of ASIL Decomposition within the software domain.
- Verification of the capability of a software to meet the functional safety requirements
- Verification of correct allocation / development of new system and software requirements
- Specification of structural, dynamic and logical behaviour at the software system level
- Design verification analysis i.e. use-case testing, FTA, FMEA and other appropriate practice
- Establishing appropriate verification and validation acceptance criteria are in place
- Verification of the compliant operation of the product to the original specification
- Configuration management and baselining
- Experience of product variant management
Desirable experience and skills:
- Practical knowledge of relevant safety standards
ISO26262 : 2011 - ( special emphasis on Part 4 and 6 )
EN1175, EN280, ISO13849
- Practical knowledge of automotive and technologies
Automotive electronics and topologies
CAN protocols: UDS, XCP, CANopen, J1939, OBDII
- Familiar with formal analysis methods of FTA and FMEA
- Familiarity with;
- Microsoft Office products particularly: Word, Excel, visio
- Isograph reliability workbench
- Requirements / Configuration Management Tools, ideally 3SL - Cradle
- Enterprise Architect
- Enthusiastic, flexible, and keen approach to learning, etc.
- Structured individual with good problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and able to deal with all levels of the organisation
- Ability to work well under pressure and prioritise work accordingly
- Comfortable in customer facing role and confident and thoughtful
- Must be able to work alone with minimum guidance, but also be able to operate effectively as part of a team
- Flexibility to travel in UK and overseas
- Qualified to degree level (2:1 or higher) in an appropriate engineering discipline such as Electrical and Electronic Engineering or Systems engineering or equivalent
- Software Systems Design / Architect Engineers report to the Systems and Safety Engineering Lead
- Junior engineers and technicians may at times report to the systems software Design/Architect Engineer
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.